Diamonds / Industry

Mountain Province Diamonds Changes Executive Ranks


Mountain Province Diamonds has reshuffled its C-suite following the appointment of Mark Wall as president and CEO in November.

Mountain Province owns 49% of the Canadian diamond mine Gahcho Kué. Its partner, De Beers Canada, owns the other 51%.

Steven Thomas (pictured at top) has joined the company as vice president of finance, secretary, and chief financial officer. He has some 25 years’ experience. He spent almost 10 years as CFO of DeBeers Canada and CFO for Goldcorp’s Canadian operations. He replaces Perry Ing, who will remain the CFO until Feb. 19.

Dr. April Hayward (pictured below) is the company’s new chief sustainability officer. With a Ph.D. in ecology, Dr. Hayward was previously involved with the Gahcho Kué mine and Kennady exploration projects.

April Hayward
April Hayward

Matt MacPhail (pictured below) has been appointed its chief technical officer. He was previously the vice president of corporate development and technical services.

Matt MacPhail
Matt MacPhail

Dr. Tom McCandless will continue as vice president and head of exploration, and Reid Mackie will continue as vice president and head of diamond sales and marketing.

In a statement, Wall said that Mountain Province’s priorities include optimizing operational performance at the mine, maintaining property safety, focusing on lowering the mine’s carbon footprint, delivering benefits to the local community, and finding new mines.

He noted that Mountain Province has 100% ownership of 107,000 hectares of highly prospective ground adjacent to the Gahcho Kué operation.

(Photos courtesy of Mountain Province Diamonds)

Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine

By: Rob Bates

Log Out

Are you sure you want to log out?

CancelLog out