Five stories that are on the industry’s radar this week:
– Outgoing De Beers CEO seemingly embraces a diamond investment fund.
– Gitanjali is being restructured, but executives say the move won’t impact its U.S. business.
– Things don’t look good in Zimbabwe: The second Marange diamond auction was held in secret, and the military may not be leaving the diamond fields.
– Rio Tinto wants to be a larger player in the diamond business. The company is extending the life of the Argyle mine and is planning a mine in India.
– A principal of Rosy Blue worries that people now favor electronics over diamonds.
Subscribe Now and receive the latest news directly to your inbox