If you don’t want to have your holidays ruined by bad news, please skip the first group of articles (and, to be honest, most of the rest.) But seriously, have a great holiday and enjoy any time off! …
Re-tail of Woe
– AP: January “looks scarier.”
– 2009 retail predictions. (Warning: Not pretty.)
Good News Alert! Good News Alert!: Champion ring sales up.
JC Penney discounting jewelry after Christmas.
Ken Gassman on Sterling Jewelers.
Surat factories start to reopen.
– Industry indsutry talks about government assistance.
– Two jobless polishers commit suicide.
NY Post: Skywatch Tower in Diamond District.
Alrosa gets $1.6 million loan.
Sierra Leone child laborers speak.
Beyonce has two engagement rings! As everyone should …
Jewelry stolen from Paris Hilton bedroom. Police think the suspect may have been there before. Which narrows the suspect list to several thousand people. (Ba-dump-bump. Hey, it’s the holidays.)
– Botswanan newspaper has good overview of country’s industry.
– The CBC on the Canadian industry’s slowdown.
– Danvers, Ma. newspaper talks to local jewelers.
– Thestreet.com talks to De Beers’ Stephen Lussier.
– Pugent Sound Business Journal interviews Blue Nile CEO.
– Central New York newspaper story on Hearts on Fire.
Hope everyone has a great holiday …