Now without a headphone jack
This week: Stars flock to Cartier. Where are the missing Fabergé eggs? And Joan of Arc’s ring. All below.
JCK announces new dates for Las Vegas 2017.
Apple decides it won’t be Rolex.
– Swiss watchmakers gloat.
– Owners of 18k gold watch react.
– Its “high hopes…have failed.”
– Apple number two watchmaker in world (behind Rolex).
– Why Apple can’t beat Rolex.
– Tech giant patents watch that tightens itself around wrist.
– Apple signs deal with Macy’s.
– Market for wearables “weakening.”
The state of retail and the hourglass economy.
Shareholder lawsuits target Signet.
– Deal allows Signet to control vote of new shareholder.
– TheStreet sees value in both Tiffany and Signet.
Blue Nile planning fifth webroom for Seattle.
– Mark Vadon buys 5 percent of Blue Nile.
Nordstrom forges partnership with J. Crew.
HRD Antwerp finds discrepancies at Mumbai, India, lab.
California company creates true “made in USA” watch.
Jewelry rental website Adorn up for sale.
AB Group acquires Lindsay & Co.
M&M-branded jewelry recalled.
True North’s Greenland subsidiary files for bankruptcy.
Synthetic diamonds threaten Botswana’s economy, foreign minister says.
– The BBC on diamonds and Botswana.
– CNN on Leonardo DiCaprio/Diamond Foundry.
Ben Janowski on “diamond dreams and diamond daydreams.”
New De Beers device screens parcels for synthetics.
De Beers sees “healthy demand” at recent sight.
New De Beers mine will inject $5.2 billion into Canadian economy.
– Moves office from Toronto to Calgary.
DIB charges U.S. is rough “transfer-pricing” center.
How Central African Republic diamonds are laundered.
– United Nations paying “blacklisted diamond company” in Central African Republic.
Botswana diamond dealers denied bail.
Zimbabwe diamond companies still struggle.
– Zim diamond company looking for new CEO.
Deborah Marquardt joins Diamond Producers Association.
– Interview with DPA CEO Jean-Marc Lieberherr.
Dominion Diamond appoints new chief financial officer.
Washington jeweler Alvin Goldfarb dies.
Jewelry store manager pleads guilty to identity theft.
Why gold won’t hit $2,000 an ounce.
Big pink diamond found in Australia.
Kim Kardashian rocks $1.5 million diamond.
Kanye West designs line with Jacob the Jeweler.
The “massive” engagement rings from the Bachelor in Paradise finale.
Cartier reopens Fifth Avenue mansion.
– Lots of celebs show up.
– Katie Holmes spends quality time with Grace Kelly’s diamonds.
Kim Zolciak (apparently not) shilling Forevermark.
Jewelry store’s bunny statue stolen.
Robbery leaves Florida jeweler fighting for his life.
The “jeweler with no fingers” (video).
Joan of Arc ring stays in France.
Where are the missing Fabergé Easter eggs?
– The Guardian investigates foiled diamond insurance claim.
– SheKnows.com writer says choosing engagement ring fills her with dread.
– Care2 writer doesn’t like diamonds or the industry.
– Financial Mail looks at industry’s struggles.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine