We will never forget you, Brangelina
This week: What’s hurting the Swiss watch business? Israeli dealers charged with tax evasion. The (working) 18k gold toilet. All below.
It’s a “myth” millennials don’t like diamonds, De Beers says.
– Forbes ponders.
InStore lab-grown diamond survey.
– A solution to the synthetic diamond mixing?
– Alrosa introduces new synthetic detector.
– AG&J unveils new synthetic detection method.
2016 Emmys: Drop earrings, diamonds.
– Five favorite jewels.
– Jewelry trends from New York Fashion Week.
Swiss watch exports fall, again.
– Victim of its own success?
– Richemont, LVMH may raise U.K. watch prices.
Sears closing 64 Kmart stores.
– Sears still has levers to pull to avoid bankruptcy.
– A boost for J.C. Penney?
Blue Nile now letting vendors sell to other e-tailers.
Large outflow of money from Signet Jewelers.
Leviev petitions to enforce arbitration award against Julius Klein.
Virginia jeweler ordered to pay $284,000 for switching diamonds.
Florida seeks to ban jeweler for alleged deceptive practices.
Woman’s Kay Jewelers lost gem saga has happy ending.
Israeli diamond dealers arrested in tax evasion case.
Danish jeweler accused of “stealing” traditional tribal designs.
Costco engagement ring infringement reached $6 million, Tiffany says.
HRD Antwerp parts ways with CEO Macken.
Interview with Responsible Jewellery Council executive director Andrew Bone.
Second Jewelry Industry Summit set for Tucson.
Tiffany’s “unlikely but impressive” support for ocean conservation.
Alrosa’s sales soar.
De Beers CEO: Company “committed to the diamond industry” (video).
– Says South Africa faces “serious risk.”
Massive new De Beers diamond mine opens up in Canada’s far north.
– Mining at Ekati resumes.
Future of Canadian diamond mining “far from bright.”
Dominion Diamond sells 186 carat diamond.
Lucapa recovers 104 carat diamond.
Rockwell Diamonds in “despair.”
TrueFacet closes $6 million in funding.
Smartwatch “prospects sag.”
Nordstrom names new head of online division.
Who was paid agent in South Africa gem sting?
Canadian mint employee smuggles gold in his—well, you’ll see.
John Mayer reportedly becomes “unisex jewelry designer.”
– Except he’s denying it.
Angelina Jolie asks Brad Pitt for “miscellaneous jewelry” in divorce filing.
Nancy Reagan flag ring goes for $319,000.
The Guggenheim now has a working 18k gold toilet.
Gov. Chris Christie sports $4,000 cufflinks.
Neanderthals made jewelry.
Jewelry-maker is a MacArthur Fellow.
– Vogue: Biggest mistakes when buying an engagement ring.
– Fortune profiles new lab-grown diamond company. (Sponsored content?)
– Vanity Fair: Kardashian men keeping diamond industry afloat.
– DMNews talks with Blue Nile.
– Huffington Post has five tests for identifying fake or real diamond.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine