This week: Rumors De Beers will be sold. Genesis Diamonds speaks its mind on grading reports. And how metal detectors are saving marriages. All below.
Blue Nile makes $1.8 million sale.
– Adds designers to collective.
– Industry groups don’t attend World Diamond Council meeting.
– My thoughts: What an embarrassment.
– Michelle Graff also disapproves.
– Do we really need a World Diamond Council?
– Final WDC statement.
– Was appointment “official”?
Diamond trade back on track in India.
– Exports picking up.
– Industry should soon “find its footing,” Dilip Mehta says.
– Trade experiencing a revival in Armenia.
Indian government investigating money laundering of Surat diamantaire.
– Intelligence agencies warn trade is a front for siphoning off money.
De Beers spinoff rumored but unlikely.
Strategy group looks at coming diamond shortage.
– Idex partnering in diamond investment vehicle.
Diamond Corp sees weakens in diamond prices.
– Analyst sees “short term weakness” in market.
104 ct. D Flawless unveiled by Chow Tai Fook.
392 ct. sapphire, Bulgari masterpiece headline Christie’s sale.
Argyle gets best results ever at pink tender.
Chaim Even-Zohar digging further into Better Diammond Initiative and 2A Technologies.
Renaissance to offer lab-grown fancy line.
Avi Krawitz on CanadaMark.
Botswana risks “losing its sparkle.”
Offshore company building vessel for De Beers.
Trans Hex finally finishes purchase of De Beers mine.
Diamonds found in Sweden.
DRC vice president linked to “dirty gold.”
Tiffany hands global media account to MEC.
Overstock purchases entire Bidz.com inventory.
Diamonds may be used to improve cancer therapies.
Starbucks bans baristas from wearing engagement rings.
Metal detector find lost rings, “save marriages.”
Funeral homes turn to jewelry to celebrate dead.
Amanda Bynes spent too much at Cartier.
Charlie Sheen will let ex-fiancée keep $100,000 engagement ring. That’s a big load off my mind…
– A New York Times writer loses her jewelry.
– The Week on Botswana elections.
– Jezebel on “engagement ring rules.”
– Business Week on rough trading over Gemdax.
– Epoch Times runs (native ad?) article on Genesis Diamonds grading controversy.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend (and Halloween)!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.