The answer my friend, is blowing in the links
This week: Most controversy over Philadelphia’s Jewelers Row. Putin wants to talk diamonds. Jewelry built around data. All below.
Burmese ruby, jade ban is now officially ended.
The inside story of the “Kayak for Diamonds.”
Retail “shows signs of life.”
– Costco’s war on Amazon.
Jewelers Row developer pledges to work with local residents.
– Preservationists still fighting.
GIA’s latest news of an undisclosed synthetic should worry us all.
– United States Jewelry Council hosts roundtable on synthetic diamond disclosure.
“Day of atonement” for diamond industry. Agree with everything said, but here are some other things worthy of atonement:
– Jinan diamond accounts close as diamond probe widens.
– Marange forensic export stalled.
Namibian diamond company opens in secrecy.
Indian industry easing restrictions on Russian rough.
– Putin’s India visit to focus on diamond trade.
Alrosa calls for diamond export ceiling.
BlackRock increases stake in Chow Tai Fook.
– Also Blue Nile.
Signet closes transactions with Leonard Green.
– Green Equity Investors takes position in Signet.
J.C. Penney experimenting with store greeters, report says.
HSBC sees reason to buy gold.
– How London’s gold market evolved.
Charles & Colvard debuts website.
Net-a-Porter wants to “democratize” jewelry.
LVMH talks up Bulgari, TAG Heuer.
– Would never work with Amazon.
David Yurman debuts new ad campaign.
Motion for attorney fees in Dallas IP case rejected.
Helena Krodel joins Luxury Brand Group.
Fitbit expands metal jewelry offerings.
Sotheby’s unveils 8.01 ct. Sky Blue diamond.
Father-daughter pair finds 2.03 ct. diamond in Arkansas State Park.
New jewelry built around data.
Ryan Lochte buys engagement ring.
In honor of Bob Dylan winning the Nobel Prize, here is a rerun: 10 Bob Dylan songs that reference diamonds and jewelry.
Huffington Post on purchasing an ethical diamond.
Glossy.co on Pandora’s marketing.
Business Insider goes behind the scenes of “declining” Hatton Garden.
Vogue’s rules for engagement ring selfies.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine