The minor fall, the major links
This week: The new diamond industry drama finally premieres. Jeweler’s son becomes murder suspect. Woman looks for wedding ring in a dump. All below.
Another quarter, another 300 jewelers close
– Churchill Jewelers closes after almost 100 years.
– These four companies are betting on the U.S jewelry industry.
– FT: New York jewelers open at “uncertain moment”
Birks sales rise in the United States, fall in Canada
Kay hit again by diamond-swapping allegations
– Seeking Alpha: New PR problem?
News channel investigates “risky” diamond deals on cruises.
JSA sees uptick in traveling salesperson robberies.
Tiffany & Co. trapped by Trump Tower tornado
– Ivanka Trump’s bracelet debacle—was it illegal?
– Why Trump may be good for gold prices.
– How retail execs responded to Trump win.
– Will Trump cover White House in gold?
– Jewelry maker gets criticized for gold safety pin.
What American retailers can learn from Singles Day.
Kenneth Cole shutting most stores
Forever 21 struggling to pay its bills
Richemont to cut over 200 jobs
Uncertainly looms over Surat diamond industry
– Indian sector hopes for export increase.
De Beers sales decline to lowest point this year.
– Alrosa releases October 2016 sales.
The Kimberley Process passes two historic proposals. Or maybe not.
– KP chair defends “scathing” anti-NGO speech.
– European Union to head KP in 2018
– Venezuela rejoins the KP.
– The Telegraph examines the Kimberley Process.
UAE now third largest exporter of diamonds
Namibian diamonds land in Dubai.
Graff Diamonds USA appoints new president.
Neiman Marcus top exec resigns,
Borsheims CEO joins board of diamond miner.
Charles & Colvard appoints interim CFO.
Florida jeweler Donald Silverberg dies.
Jeweler’s son suspected in murder.
Diamond investment scammer arrested in Greece.
Amazon files suit against two counterfeiters.
Chinese court rejects Apple Watch trademark appeal.
Patek Philippe watch sells for $11 million.
Two pinks and a blue sell for over $15 million at Sotheby’s Geneva.
51.35-carat diamond ring to headline Christie’s sale
Cartier sets cities aglow in new holiday film.
Calling all entries for the 2017 JCK Industry Fund.
Stephen Webster to host 2017 GEM Awards
Kangaroo-bone nose piercing is the oldest bone jewelry ever found.
Broken engagement leads to diamond lawsuit.
Long Island woman digs through dump to find wedding rings.
GQ: How to buy an engagement ring online.
The National on synthetic diamonds.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine