You know what they say about men with small hands? They have small rings
This week: yhe return of Bambergers (maybe). Reports of new ruby heat-treating process. Plus, bummed-out dudes at the mall. All below.
Alex and Ani president steps down.
Signet Jewelers’ fourth quarter comps rise nearly 5 percent.
– Stock rebounds after credit concerns eased.
– Signet’s responsible sourcing program: how it works.
U.S. jewelry, watch sales rise for ninth month in a row.
Stuller selling lab-grown diamonds.
– David Brummer: “Rational, logical move.”
– World Diamond Mark CEO: Leonardo DiCaprio “is right” about synthetics.
– India gets new code for CVD diamonds.
Indian traders warned: Don’t sell GIA reports.
– Used GIA reports sell for $100, says Times of India.
– Rapaport calls new investment report a “supercert.”
Stuller gives up sightholder status.
De Beers sees another strong sight.
– IDMA president: The middle market is “still fragile.”
– Analyst: large stockpiles impeding diamond prices.
– Melvin Moss: Industry suffering “paralysis by analysis.”
Jewelry subscription startup raises $8.7 million.
Frederick Goldman buys Joyeros Costarricenses.
Gray market affecting Swiss watch prices.
– TAG Heuer CEO: industry’s survival “phenomenal.”
Luxury watch retailer Kirchhofer for sale.
Gold miner betting on platinum’s comeback (subscription required).
– Platinum market deficit expected to shrink.
Heritage department stores may come back.
A look at the “store of the future.”
– J.C. Penney: Was Ron Johnson right?
Costco “losing its mojo.”
– Company raising minimum starting wage.
Is there still a place for flash sales?
Nordstrom lays off 10 in technology department.
Russia may privatize 10 percent of Alrosa.
– Botswana, Alrosa to launch joint exploration program.
CNN Money looks at the current issues with Zimbabwe diamonds.
– State security agents accused of looting.
– Former finance minister says miners were the looters.
– Zimbabwe court lets Mbada Diamonds return to mining.
– Mugabe blames foreigners.
– Three illegal diamond miners found dead.
Cartier, Montblanc win court order blocking fake sites.
Rhode Island sues breast milk jeweler.
Jewelry designer accuses Reese Witherspoon of stealing her logo.
Indian jewelers shut to protest excise tax.
Phillips appoints Paul Boutros head of Americas for watches.
Seiko Corp. of America names new president, CEO.
WJA recognizes Shining Stars. Congrats, Jen!
Study: Microwave can lead to cheaper ruby heat treatments.
Pebble cuts the price of its smartwatches.
– App wants to turn Apple Watch into Fashion Week status symbol.
New wearable aims to stop rape in India.
New Google technology lets consumers pay for things with their faces.
Eight women who proposed.
Jewelry designer creates ring for single ladies.
Instagram account spotlights bummed-out guys forced to shop.
Are there tunnels under Philadelphia’s Jewelers’ Row?
Colorado TV station: Zales lost a woman’s wedding ring.
CNBC shows how the superrich rock diamonds.
PopSugar’s “geeky” engagement rings.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.