This week: Why engagement rings are worn on left hand. Jimmy Fallon has learned his lesson regarding rings. Is the “Trump effect” real? All below.
Oh Kay! Industry’s biggest brand sees 7 percent comp jump, opens 42 new stores.
– Analysts are pleased.
– Earning call transcript.
Tiffany’s U.S sales hurt by “quite fickle” consumers.
– Turnaround “may be rough.”
– Earning call transcript.
U.S. recession “remains unlikely.”
Report: No industry members died in Brussels attack.
– Antwerp World Diamond Centre thanks diamond community for support.
The Jewelry Industry Summit is getting rave reviews. But what now?
Court issues $3 million judgment against Ivanka Trump.
Marriage thriving—but only among the affluent.
– Rich females changing face of retail.
France24: Bad times for industry at BaselWorld.
– Jean-Claude Biver: Don’t blame us, it’s the world.
– Hayek: The U.S. is suffering from “Trump effect.”
Chanel introduces first watch for men.
– Quartz amazed at $280,000 watch.
Apple’s $17,000 watch seems to be vanishing from its site.
– Wearables market forecasted to grow 38.2 percent in 2016.
– Watchmakers getting creative following smart threat.
– Layoffs at smartwatch maker Pebble.
– Apple cuts price of Apple Watch.
Video on 100 years of engagement rings shows diamond’s staying power.
– Why engagement rings are worn on left hand.
Standard Chartered tightens standards for diamond loans.
Alrosa sees “bright outlook” for diamonds.
Diamond investment company liquidates.
Israeli gem explorer, based on Rabbinic prophecy, files for IPO.
De Beers Millennium stone may set auction record.
– 15.99 ct. Burmese ruby ring lead April Christie’s sale.
KP chair clarifies position on Central African Republic diamond exports.
2,000 lose jobs as Zimbabwe mine closes.
Woman complains about gold at Zales.
Stacie Orloff leaves Bell & Ross.
Alana Hatfield named VP of sales at Gregg Ruth.
Gem-A names new CEO.
Cartier North America changes communications team.
Fornas retires as Richemont co-CEO.
DEF honoring Dorothée Gizenga, Chow Tai Fook.
Jimmy Fallon wears no wedding ring after engagement.
Jewelry saves women from human trafficking.
The “special meaning” of Hilary Swank’s engagement ring.
Ex-McKinsey analyst is now jeweler.
Sean Kingston sued by jeweler—again.
– The New York Times: “Shine is off” diamonds and gold.
– The New York Times profiles Boucheron.
– The Daily Mail traces history of the engagement ring.
– Business in Fashion on distress in the industry.
– Jewelry theft drama The Last Panthers coming to Sundance Channel.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine