Vegas recovery edition
This week: George Soros buys gold. Reverberations continue from Winsome default. There may be life on diamond planets. All below.
Signet’s Wall Street brushfire.
– “No meaningful uptick in consumer claims.”
– Banks reaffirm “buy” ratings.
Interview with Scott Burger, president of Pandora in the Americas.
John Hardy opening stores in New York and Texas.
Diamond Producers Association launches millennial-targeted “Real is rare” campaign.
– Marketing Daily looks at the DPA campaign.
– Edahn Golan looks at DPA, lab-grown, other news from JCK Las Vegas.
– Charles Wyndham unimpressed.
– Mark Boston: Majors need to act like it.
Standard Chartered Bank shutting diamond and jewelry division.
Banks go after assets of Winsome Diamonds.
– Standard Chartered appeals to prime minister.
– Promoter now in Virgin Islands.
Pure Grown Diamonds launches “value guarantee” program.
– Stuller joins Grown Diamond Association.
– CNBC on Diamond Foundry.
FBI holding forum on diamond money laundering.
Sotheby’s finds partners for unsold 59.6 carat pink.
Richline acquires Viawear.
Dominion Diamond reports narrower loss.
– Applies for new road to Ekati mine.
– Earnings call transcript.
Chow Tai Fook profits fall 46 percent.
Another Indian trader has big default.
– Mumbai merchant complains of employee fraud.
Two Florida men charged with precious metals and diamond fraud.
– Allegedly targeted seniors.
Afghan war fueled by “conflict jewels.”
Central African Republic resumes diamond exports.
Rio Tinto steps up focus on diamond origin.
Civil society groups call for greater governance of diamond industry.
– KP, UAE lock horns over boycott.
Bad financial news from Pebble mine planner.
– Enough Project’s Brooks-Rubin testifies before U.S. Senate.
WJA announces 2016 Awards for Excellence nominees.
JVC names Sara Yood senior counsel.
Steven Grotell joins Delmar Jewelers.
Michael Hill expanding charm brand.
Alex and Ani collection coming to Disney Parks.
Apple Pay competitor a “disaster.”
“Too soon” to give up on Apple Watch?
Goldman Sachs: J.C. Penney, Nordstrom at risk from Amazon.
George Soros buying gold.
– Why CNBC contributor thinks it won’t tank.
Neil Lane: It’s painful when ring buyers split up.
Beyoncé wears $9 million in diamonds.
Jeweler says he inspired remix.
Buckingham Palace replica features real diamonds.
The story of the gold-filled shipwreck found in Namibia.
There could be life on diamond planets.
The Telegraph: Marriage strengthened by lack of wedding ring.
CNBC profiles Nirav Modi.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.