This week. Jeweler lures customers in their pajamas. Man proposed with Lego ring. Complaints mount about “breast milk jeweler.” All below.
Romano’s Jewelers, G.M. Pollack land in Chapter 7.
– G.M. Pollack fell victim to competition, economy.
– Pollack didn’t finish repairs, customers complain.
Interview with Blue Nile CEO Harvey Kanter.
Celebrated gem photographer Tino Hammid dies.
Gold hits five-year low.
New synthetic rough may pose detection dilemma.
– Need to regulate?
One-third of diamonds turned down at De Beers sight.
– “Dark clouds” loom over industry.
– First-half sales (in carats) fall 26 percent.
– Botswana diamond company sees 23 percent sales decline.
Indian industry turning “unviable.”
– Indian diamantaires shunning “pompous” gifts.
– Local industry adrift without governing body.
– Companies hope same-sex marriage will boost market.
Michelle Graff probes the industry’s new diamond grading rules.
Maurice Lacroix watch brand being sold.
How Daniel Wellington made a $200 million business from cheap watches.
Is the Apple Watch a flop?
– Depends on expectations.
– Company sued over unused name iWatch.
Swatch smartwatch to launch this summer.
– TAG Heuer smartwatch to start at $1,526.
Swatch profits hit by franc, interest rates.
Amazon: Prime Day bigger than Black Friday.
– Shoppers disappointed.
– Sales mocked on Twitter.
– Beaten by Walmart?
India trying to seize overseas assets of Winsome Diamonds.
– Banks auctioning company’s mortgaged assets.
Zimbabwe worried about diamond assets seized abroad, loss of KP status.
Kimberley Process warns of fake Kenya certificates.
Diamond bourse may open in Cayman Islands.
Avi Krawitz: Can diamond hallmark alleviate concerns about sourcing?
Jewelry Industry Summit concludes Indiegogo campaign.
The “myth of the ethical consumer.”
Swaziland hopeful of diamond sector’s impact.
Dominion Diamonds chairman returns, appoints CEO.
Finance minister named head of Alrosa’s supervisory board.
Gem dealer Arthur Soares dies.
UPS Capital buys G4S Insured Parcel Services.
Activist investor wants Macy’s to spin off real estate.
North Carolina gets publicity for creative billboard.
Jeweler holds annual “pajama promotion.”
Chinese jeweler pushes premium position.
Danielle Max is inspired by Mr. Selfridge.
More restaurants and hotels adding diamonds.
Hoagies come to Philadelphia Jewelers Row.
Jewelry that teaches girls to code.
Women file complaints about “breast milk jeweler.”
Jimmy Fallon opens up about “ring avulsion.”
Man proposes with Lego ring.
The Wall Street Journal says “high jewelry” business expanding quickly.
From the Blog:
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on Facebook and LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine