This week’s Diamond Shavings is being boycotted by Donald Trump
This week: Sears in death spiral? The value of a Super Bowl ring. Watch fair called “gloomy.” All below.
Cindy Edelstein, beloved jewelry design guru, dies.
– College fund.
Have overgrading lawsuits become overkill?
Six arrests made in GIA hacking investigation.
Diamond market showing signs of rebound.
– CEO: Buckle up for another volatile year.
– Edahn Golan on De Beers’ strong first sight.
– Martin Rapaport: De Beers making right moves.
– Alrosa holding the line on prices.
– De Beers production falls.
– Industry demonstrating how to deal with glut.
– Analysts welcome De Beers’ new transparency.
– Oppenheimer’s exit from De Beers “stroke of genius.”
– What ails the Indian diamond industry?
My open letter to Leonardo DiCaprio.
– Diamond Foundry responds.
What states have the best quality diamonds—and the biggest?
– Russell Shor on the “recycled diamond” business.
Baublebar raises another $20 million in funding.
“Gloomy” watch show brings in stars.
Swiss watch exports down in 2015.
Richemont now completely controls Roger Dubuis.
Survey: Apple Watch beats Rolex in brand ranking.
– Why smartwatches “need to get smarter.”
– Isaac Mizrahi smartwatch “covered in jewels.”
Etsy opens store in Macy’s flagship.
Jeffrey Cohen named president of Bulova.
Saad Makdesi named VP at Black, Starr & Frost.
– Profiled in Wall Street Journal. (Subscription)
Isabel Cajulis joins JCK Events.
Bill Harrison joins Kim International.
Net-a-Porter founder heading to Vogue?
Israel says diamond firms breached grant terms.
European Union statement at United Nations on Kimberley Process.
Global Witness calls for tougher stand on conflict minerals.
Botswana’s shine fades due to diamond slump.
Two diamond dealers arrested in Zimbabwe.
11 held in Angola over diamond dealing.
Zimbabwe Reserve Bank governor calls for diamond sector transparency.
Mozambique rubies, Angolan diamonds in the spotlight.
Tanzanite miner sheds 600 jobs.
London bourse gives advice on diamond investing.
Helzberg gives guy 24 hours to propose.
Danielle Max ponders wedding season.
Jeweler says Nordstrom infringed earrings.
Conn. pawn shop loses women’s diamond ring.
Tiffany gets into perfume business.
Amazon has most profitable quarter yet.
– The “power of free shipping.”
Bulgari moving New York City office.
Tissot named timekeeper of Tour de France.
Mariah Carey flashes 35 ct. engagement ring.
Ronda Rousey wears ring on Saturday Night Live.
Picture of wedding rings from concentration camp.
Look at the value of a Super Bowl ring.
The Root: Mother and daughter debate wearing diamonds.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.