This week: Problems with Google’s smartwatch. Why are Tiffany insiders selling? And what diamonds did for Canada. All below.
Blue Nile opening first store.
– Earning call transcript.
– Missed expectations, shares tumble.
– Company spends the most on paid search.
Valentine’s Day sales to increase 33 percent, forecaster says.
– Avi Krawitz: Is industry neglecting holiday?
Reports from former EGL International are “counterfeits,” says EGL Network.
Bidz.com to rise again.
Samuel Gordon Jewelers to close.
Pandora lays off 70 employees.
The diamond industry in a funk.
De Beers profits soar 33 percent.
Lab-grown diamond producer wants to form new association.
– Scio Diamond posts bigger loss in “transitional” quarter.
The diamond business and the Swiss leaks.
– HSBC Swiss bank documents shine light on diamond business.
– Many Indian dealers end up on HSBC Swiss bank list.
– Dubai banks helping industry.
Indian companies reportedly cheated by staff member at De Beers broker.
Chinese diamond miner in Marange disowns villagers.
– Civil society urges tougher rules on Zimbabwe miners.
How diamonds “saved” the Northwest Territories.
– Region due for fifth diamond mine by 2020.
Sterling gender bias case going ahead.
Suit accused Movado of misleading shareholders.
Apple CEO talks watch health benefits.
– Employees being trained to sell watch.
– How Pebble plans to fight Apple.
Google smartwatches off to “slow start.”
New smartwatch keeps you awake.
Tiffany insider sales “are concerning.”
Andrew Block named president of Stephen Silver Fine Jewelry.
Harsh Parekh named managing director of Rapaport India.
De Beers’ Andy Bone to retire.
Schiffman’s Jewelers’ Arnold Anthony Schiffman Jr. dies.
Michael Belleveau, Regina Leadem join Ritmo Mundo.
Famed Oklahoma jeweler B.C. Clark Jr. dies.
Jeweler said to have made false report of diamond theft.
Mastermind of diamond heist gang sentenced.
100 ct. D IF emerald cut to be sold at Sotheby’s.
Why jewelers love the red carpet.
Chinese movie star gets drone proposal.
Kazakh herdsman finds 17 lb. gold nugget.
Single mom returns $8,000 in diamonds she found dumpster diving.
– Columnist skeptical about reused diamonds.
– North Dakota TV looks at Valentine’s Day diamond sales.
– Philadelphia station targets fool’s gold.
– New video game based on “blood gold.”
– “What shopping for gay engagement rings taught me about marriage.”
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine