This week: Is the American economy back? Chinese e-tailer clamps down on fakes. What it costs to buy all those 12 days of Christmas presents. All below.
And That’s a Wrap!
– Holiday sales go down to the wire.
– More discounts, less variety.
– The American consumer is back, analysts say.
– Gold headed down for second year in a row.
– Yellow metal losing its shine for investors.
– Headed to critical point?
– Supply squeeze next year?
Weaker ruble may hurt diamond prices.
– Industry in dangerous credit crunch.
Calvin Klein opens jewelry boutique with Swatch.
CNN hails CEO of Fred Meyer Jewelers parent company.
Sears sales likely to fall this holiday.
My 10 favorite jewelry promotions of 2014.
– Jeweler puts diamonds on Apple Watch.
– Michigan jeweler gives free rings to Starbucks employees.
– California store offers jewelry to repair “broken relationships.”
David Yurman, Tiffany & Co. lead industry in digital.
Maybe we’ve been thinking about smartwatches all wrong.
– The smartwatch that doesn’t look like a “geek watch.”
– Consumers still not sold on Apple Watch, analyst says.
– Though it’s still the most sought-after wearable device.
– Pebble passes 5,000 apps.
New watch rental start-up.
Chinese e-tailer clamps down on fakes on site.
India to announce list of “approved” grading labs.
Scio making “great progress” in synthetic production.
Nearly one-third of all luxury good sare bought by Chinese consumers.
Closing Lia Sophia ticks off some customers.
Beny Steinmetz loses court case to Global Witness.
Archangel Diamond Company suit dismissed in the United States.
Spira–De Beers case shows antitrust law can be a weapon.
Family sues Anglo/De Beers over daughter’s medical treatment.
Winsome Diamonds closing Goa operation.
Diamond-theft gang arrested in Dubai.
Diamond smuggler arrested in Kenya.
Troubled California jeweler in court.
IDiamonds now accepting bitcoin.
NRF blog plugs Blue Nile’s service.
Jorge Puentes named brand president of Roger Dubuis.
Floyd Mayweather bought a lot of jewelry for the holiday.
Diamonds may provide evidence of earliest life on Earth.
Woman gets arrested after she buys stolen ring back from pawnshop.
Another piece of jewelry dropped in Salvation Army kettle.
Beauty products made from gold, diamonds, and caviar.
Christmas card studded with rubies.
A diamond pacifier.
The world’s most expensive belt buckle?
What it costs to buy “12 Days of Christmas.”
Business Insider’s best watch for every price point.
Asia One profiles diamond grower IIa Technologies.
This is Money likes diamonds as an investment.
So does the Asscher family.
BBC asks why pink diamonds are pink.
Columnist wants Argyle stone for Christmas.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend and holiday!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine