Anyone who burns Diamond Shavings should lose their citizenship!
This week: eBay sold watches every three seconds on Black Friday. Pandora gets a new ad agency. Zales ad proves controversial. All below.
Jewelers say holiday season off to strong smart
– eBay sells watch every three seconds
– Online sales shatter expectations.
– Did retailers botch it?
In reversal, Tiffany & Co.’s sales rise.
– Brand remains strong, analysts say
– Faces “laundry list of unknowns”
– Earnings call transcript
– Debuts holiday windows
Tacori names new CEO
It may not be the end for Endless Jewelry.
Breitling considering sale, report says
Bernheim Brothers buy Luminox
At least seven companies looked into buying Blue Nile.
Richemont watchmaking job cuts “send shock waves”
Wal-Mart selling $18,000 Cartier watch
– Cartier distances itself.
Fitbit close to buying Pebble, reports say
Pandora picks McCann London for global campaign.
ABN Amro: Diamond market outlook is improving.
– Antwerp hosts talks on financing.
Ban on cash payments hurting Surat
– Small diamond businesses shut.
– Diamond factories extend vacation.
Shrenuj gets $100 million in funding.
Will Sarine’s new machines change diamond grading?
Diavik lays off 51 employees.
– Chamber of Mines still optimistic
Lukoil sells its diamond business.
Rockwell Diamonds selling two mines
PAC: Cameroon now a hub for conflict diamonds
Muhammad Ali’s daughter shows off 6.28 ct. lab-grown stone
Three Stuller employees react to “Real Is Rare.”
NCDIA elects Alan Bronstein president.
Douglas Menefee joins Stuller.
Aurélie Bidermann takes creative helm of Poiray ($)
Former Rockwell Diamonds CEO joins Botswana Diamonds
Aaron Friedman dies.
Alabama ex-jeweler going to jail
– So is jeweler in Lyndhurst, N.J.
Diamonds International opens shop-in-shop at Disney World
Zales ad with lesbian couple proves controversial.
Millennial shoppers love J.C. Penney.
Yoox Net-a-Porter expands into Middle East
Jewelers for Children to honor Yancy Weinrich, Charles Stanley
Kristin Chenoweth to headline 24 Karat Club banquet
Oaktree may buy De Beers headquarters.
Diamond dealer strikes it big with humus bowls
Thief makes off with bucket of gold flakes
Man finds $3.7 million in gold in Normandy house
Woman finds engagement ring after two-hour search through trash
Radioactive diamonds may lead to longer-lasting batteries.
– FT: Why jewelers are developing new cuts for diamonds
– Australian Financial Review talks to Laurence Graff ($)
– South China Morning Post on gem craftsmanship
– The Courier Mail runs article (moissanite advertorial?) on engagement rings
– The Boston Globe has tips on picking the perfect engagement ring.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.