This week: Indian prime minister looks into Putin’s eyes, sees diamonds. Woman has ring returned after 55 years. One-year-old North West continues to subsidize our industry. All below.
Jared goes to the mall with new boutique concept.
Scott Kay remembered.
– Three lessons Jennifer Heebner learned.
Independent jewelers have better diamond prices than chains, says Blue Nile.
Jewelers that sell deceptive grading reports risk legal sanction, JVC says.
– EGL USA says it still isn’t connected to other EGLs.
– Nashville, Tenn., TV station proud of role in controversy.
GIA battles duplicate grading report fraud.
The lab-grown diamond sector is out-promoting the natural.
– Scio pinning turnaround on fancy stones.
Alex and Ani’s value may be $1 billion after investor sale.
– Planning digital rollout.
Pandora founding family sells shares.
Sears closed 235 stores this year.
Internet sales tax law declared “dead” this year.
Apple looking for luxury, fashion salespeople for watch.
– Will the watch become obsolete too quickly?
Movado appoints former Apple exec wearables director.
TAG Heuer CEO resigns, Biver takes over.
Former Signet CEO lands at boutique chain.
Ann Arnold elected new MJSA chair.
Philadelphia jeweler gets jail time for fencing stolen goods.
Diamond dealer robbed at Minneapolis rest stop.
– Second suspect in Diamond District robbery arrested.
Indian authorities investigating Winsome Diamonds case.
Trial of Angolan diamond activist beginning soon.
– Forbes wonders why.
Putin, Modi inaugurate diamond conference.
– India prime minister wants more direct sales from Russia.
– De Beers sees potential in Indian market.
Indian, Chinese diamond consumption will soon equal America’s.
More than 90 percent of Indian diamond workers lack formal education.
Surat and Mumbai race to become biggest diamond hub.
Zimbabwe wins court case over seized diamonds.
– The BBC on Zimbabwe’s “unstable” diamond industry. (video)
Ebola puts Sierra Leone diamond mines at risk.
Israel Diamond Week shows relationships still matter.
Spira antitrust complaint against De Beers again dismissed.
Judge says EPA must stop all Pebble mine–related work.
Gemprint appears on CSI.
United Arab Emirates jewelers buying back diamonds.
North West still wearing diamonds.
Ian Somerhalder stops by Neil Lane.
Woman’s wedding ring returned after 55 years.
Diamond retrieved after being flushed down toilet.
Social media plea results in return of lost wedding ring.
Widow drops ring in Salvation Army kettle.
– South Dakota man drops ring with heartbreaking note.
Borsheims gives away ring meant for woman who lied about robbery.
Nerdwallet on how to buy an engagement ring.
CNNMoney on December diamond buying.
The Wall Street Journal says “diamonds gleam” for miners.
The Week reporter spends night with Supercomplication.
Washington Life profiles Mervis Diamond Importers.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.