This week’s Diamond Shavings will be sung by Carly Fiorina
This week: Apple Watch—game changer or no? Thief returns to scene of crime to retrieve cell phone. And Pandora founder has a horse in the Kentucky Derby. All below.
Richline buys Gemvara.
U.S. diamond sales hit records, thanks—surprisingly—to millennials.
De Beers CEO may move to Air France: report.
– Eleven amazing facts about De Beers’ headquarters on Charterhouse Street.
Department stores closures will keep up, threatening malls.
– Sears closings may spark new wave of anchor-store downsizing.
Retail layoffs may be highest since 2010.
Kay Jewelers’ social media brushfire.
Fast Fix opening 20 stores in Philadelphia region.
Amazon shutting down flash-sale site MyHabit.
One Year of Apple Watch
– Sales eclipsed the iPhone’s in first year.
– Losing market share?
– Interest on the slide.
– Did we expect too much?
– Seven reasons people aren’t wearing it.
– It didn’t change the Apple Store.
– New version will have cellular connectivity.
Nokia buys smartwatch brand Withings.
Alrosa may list diamond futures on Moscow stock exchange.
Petra Diamonds CEO skeptical about market upturn.
Murowa Diamonds sale “raises stink.”
– Zimbabwe to probe seven companies over looted diamonds.
Surat diamantaires excited about air route.
Adam Graham joins Omi Inc.
Ash Shah joins Ashi Diamonds.
Phillips expands international watch team.
Hudson’s Bay Co. debuts PR division.
The jewelry Beyoncé wore while smashing windows in Lemonade.
Kim Kardashian displays diamond choker push present.
Angela Simmons displays diamond ring.
Pandora jewelry U.S. founder has horse in the Kentucky Derby.
NFL draft prospect drops $41,000 on jewelry.
Jewelry thief gets arrested when he returns for his cell phone.
Diamond District demolitions could replace kosher eatery.
Why people are bugged by ethical shoppers.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine