We are gathered here today to get through these things called links
This week: More bad news for the Apple Watch. The latest on the diamond scandal rocking Israel. And the thieves who bought diamonds with Monopoly money. All below.
William Goldberg wins appeal over 7 ct. stolen diamond.
Tiffany wins patent battle with Lazare Kaplan.
Swiss watches exports fall 16.1 percent in March.
– Can Tiffany make New York watches a trend?
Jeweler to the stars sues alleged copycat.
Nordstrom cutting 350–400 jobs.
– Sears Holdings to close 78 stores.
Peter Smith has more thoughts on future of jewelry retail.
– Jonathan Dorfman on why his store closed.
Lolli-plop: Shirley Temple Blue doesn’t sell.
– Verdura ruby ring sets record.
Israeli police investigate suspected diamond fraud.
– “Massive” scandal rocking exchange.
– Dealer arrested.
Edahn Golan has numbers on lab-grown diamonds.
De Beers sees upturn in diamond trade.
– Avi Krawitz: Concerns of a polished oversupply.
Alrosa sees 70 percent sales jump in first quarter.
– Russian government privatizing only 10.9 percent of Alrosa.
Ehud Laniado: Living up to the diamond promise.
De Beers moving from 17 Charterhouse St.
Chaim Even-Zohar on police corruption in Belgium diamond sector.
India says still wants return of Koh-i-Noor.
Venezuela poised to reenter Kimberley Process.
President Mugabe says good-bye to foreign diamond miners.
Some jewelry stats for Earth Day.
Silver catching up to gold.
The RealReal raises $40 million in real money.
Analyst: Apple Watch sales may have fallen 40 percent.
JTV finishes first in customer engagement.
Award-winning designer James Currens dies.
Ruth Batson wins Robert M. Shipley award.
– Scott Berg elected AGS president.
Chris Stock joins Rocket.
The 2016 JCK Industry Fund winners.
Lab-grown diamond association adds eight new members.
GHI Gemological Laboratory reports to be listed on RapNet.
J.R. Dunn has an emoji billboard.
English fraudster used Monopoly money to buy diamonds.
Saturday Night Live runs parody jewelry commercial.
Massachusetts couple digs through tons of trash to find lost jewelry.
Nebraska man makes cool jewelry box.
– HuffPost writer sees diamond come out of her ring.
– HuffPost interviews Alex and Ani founder.
– The Street on auction demand for diamonds.
– Yahoo asks if diamond engagement rings are “totally over.”
– XOJane thinks so.
– Quartz on conflict minerals.
– MarketWatch reviews diamond data from The Knot.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine