April Shavings brings May ravings
Top jewelry care mistakes made by consumers. Gold has great quarter. Hot trends: Bullet and thigh gap jewelry. All below.
Gold has best quarter in 30 years.
Fancy vivid Oppenheimer Blue could fetch $45 million.
Blue Nile’s fourth physical location to open in Oregon.
String of violent robberies hits Southern California jewelers.
Diamonds account for three-quarters of Sterling’s merchandise mix.
– Point: Signet “proved short-sellers wrong.”
– Counterpoint: It’s headed for trouble.
Jared’s new diamond brand seems a lot like the Forevermark.
GIA to offer synthetic screening service for melee.
– Interview with head of new De Beers lab.
Ben Janowski on coming changes in our industry.
– Head of Belgian diamond syndicate: World is changing rapidly.
– Surat diamond industry feeling optimistic.
– Consultant sees equilibrium in 18 to 24 months.
– Bloomberg sees brighter days for business (video).
– Mining CEOs very cautious in pronouncements.
Could a Chinese company buy Alrosa?
– Alrosa dedicates diamond to mothers of Russia.
Mark Boston and Vinod Kuriyan: We need KP coalition to tell “good diamonds do.”
The United Arab Emirates looks to standardize Kimberley Process pricing.
Kimberley Process warns of fake certificate from Cameroon.
U.K. diamond scam foiled by High Court.
India’s choice: diamonds or tigers.
– David Brummer: “Ecology vs. economics.”
Diamond digging halted for damaging archelogocial site.
Diamond hunter looks for new world-class discovery.
Small diamond companies mad about new tax.
– Indian banks can approve clean credit for diamond companies.
– Dealers happy.
Surat dealers don’t like government official’s comment.
Former Zimbabwe foreign minister slams situation in Marange.
Ringly introduces smart bracelet.
Frederique Constant CEO slams TAG Heuer smartwatch.
Apple Watch hasn’t killed the watchmakers.
The most searched for watch brands.
Tiffany CEO on heritage vs. innovation.
Movado sees challenging year.
– Vice chairman Cote to retire.
Jacques Korn named president of Antwerp Diamond Bourse.
Todd Wolleman elected chairman of Jewelers Board of Trade.
Remembering gem miner Gichuchu Okeno.
Jewelers of America announces CASE Awards winners.
AGS certifies 167 new titleholders.
Perry’s Fine, Antique & Estate Jewelry honored.
Bullet jewelry becomes a trend.
As does thigh gap jewelry.
Mervis Diamonds’ Cherry Blossom engagement ring celebrates a D.C. tradition.
Miley Cyrus shows off engagement ring.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on synthetic diamond nomenclature.
AFP profiles Nigerian Jewish diamond businesswoman.
CEO magazine interviews William Lamb of Lucara.
Ad Age talks to Mark Hanna of Richline about corporate social responsibility.
Racked looks at famous female jewel thieves.
Refinery29 has engagement ring trends about to go viral.
WPTV (West Palm Beach, Fla.): five things to know before buying jewelry.
Good Housekeeping: 10 mistakes your jeweler wants you to stop making.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.