Seattle is very nice, and the AGS Conclave very interesting … Here now the news …
“Record attendance” at Basel.
Signet’s profits down 17%.
– Even so, investors buy stock.
– Idex: First sales decline in 15 years.
– Market talk is that, not surprisingly, Sterling has been scaling back its purchases.
Southwest Jewelry Show closes.
JCK interviews new Fortunoff chairman.
Finlay receives delisting warnings.
Friedman’s begins liquidation.
– Problems “endemic to industry.”
BIDZ begats BUYZ.
GLG: Zale’s new “store officer.”
Harry Winston 4Q sales, profits up
Gassman/Idex on the tax rebates.
Alrosa/De Beers exploration agreement dead?
SEC sues miner CMKM Diamonds.
– Commentary: “Shows power of PR.”
New bill on “conflict commodities.”
India’s relationship with gold changes.
Israel diamantaire killed in Angola.
Chaim investigates arbitration. Just the fax?
Diamonds used in facials.
New site: Exboyfriendjewelry.com. Slogan: “You don’t want it. He can’t have it back.” Amusing.
From the blog:
AGS Blogging: Weathering the Downturn.
Have a good weekend …