Signet 1Q: US comp sales down 4.7%.
Tiffany 1Q: US comp sales flat.
– Chairman, CEO exercise options.
Finlay 1Q: comp sales down 4.5%.
– S&P lowers bond rating.
– Jewelry chains “in decline”
Hearts on Fire goes retail.
Jewelry Television sued over disclosure.
Harry Winston 1Q: Sales up 10%.
– Wintson wants more mines.
Taxes for online shoppers? (mentions Blue Nile.)
DTC sight report.
“Positive” first report on beneficiation.
Birks and Mayors markets Botswana brand.
– Botswana hails Forevermark.
Chaim again raps GIA.
Israeli trader arrested.
Inflation spoiling emerging markets.
South Africans now industry leaders.
– De Beers gets new mine going.
- Petra gets Cullinan green light.
– Stornoway stock woes.
Reed Business rumors flying fast.
Diamond dealers called “generous”! Surprising, huh? Except it’s by .. well, you’ll see …
– Reuters on diamond demand.
– Todayshow.com on ethical jewelry. Someone should tell people there the war in Sierra Leone is over.
– Business Week on Blue Nile.
– Bloomberg talks with Botswana’s foreign minister.
From the Blog:
Alexander Hasenfeld profile.
Have a great Vegas recovery weekend …