First, since I know many trade pressers read this, a bit of inter-trade press gossip: Sayre Priddy, who wrote for Rapaport for a number of years, is now leaving the trade to “go corporate,” she says. She was always an exceptionally nice, upbeat sort, as well as a solid journalist, and it is sad to see her go.
And now, the news …
– Indian traders still nervous in Antwerp
– April DTC sight somewhat small.
– Behind the Counter asks: Are jewelers ruining their image? Discussion ensues.
– Leviev buys New York Times building. Someone thinks he’s Mr. New York Real Estate big-shot now.
– De Beers to form sightholder committee. Polishedprices not impressed.
- Chaim gets chistorical – watches the DTC bid goodbye to London.
– Tiffany movin’ on up to the East Side?
– Branded HPHT stones premiere at Vegas.
– Element Six, a De Beers subsidiary, seems to be developing a division for diamond detectors.
– “Blood Diamond” screened in Sierra Leone.
– WFDB to celebrate 60th anniversary in Amsterdam. Cutting Remarks will be there!
-Check out the diamond-tini!
– Cartel nostalgia.
I won’t be at the World Diamond Council shin-dig in Jerusalem, but if anything exciting happens, feel free to send me an email about it at email@example.com. If you have something to say, feel free to leave a comment below, and have a good weekend …