Happy new year, everyone. Glad to be back. Hope you all had a nice holiday and new year’s …
And now the news …
Holiday 2007: How much did it stink?
The De Beers class action settlement is on!
– JVC claim form help.
– Official settlement web site.
“Activist investor” Breeden increases stake in Zale to 13.3%.
37% of Glamour readers say they’ll skip engagement rings. Whoa.
Going backwards?: DTC India to focus on generic diamonds, not brands.
GJEPC: New DTC list will cut Indian manufacturing by 25%.
– Idex’s newest sightholder list.
Ice.com gets more capital.
Big robbery on New Years Eve in New York.
Chaim on security problems in mining.
The latest on Leviev’s move to London.
It’s find gems in your food week:
– Diamond found in fudge.
– Pearl found in clams.
– Sunday Times links energy firm to blood diamonds.
– Wall Street Journal on men’s jewelry.
– Seattle Times article on Blue Nile, which quotes only the most authoritative sources.
– My article on lab-grown diamonds.
– My article on the GJEPC conference in India.
From the blog:
– Is Jewelry Advertising Going Too Far? (Seriously, people, check that ad out.)
Have a great weekend …Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine