Israel was beautiful, as usual, but it’s good to be home … Will have a lot more to say about the conference in an upcoming JCK …
And now the news …
A very Blue NILE.
– Causes decline in all jewelry stocks.
– Company gets new CEO.
Chaim: The DDC and “Certifigate.”
NRF: “Slight decline” in jewelry sales on Valentine’s Day.
Birks and Mayors same store sales down 6%.
Can Fortunoff come back?.
– Will industry stop using dollars?
Are Canadian mines money-losers?
– Miners look elsewhere.
– Environmentalists upset about De Beers mine.
Amazon diamond sales double.
Theo Fennell steps down
Trailer for “Flawless,” new diamond movie. (Definitely looks like mock DTC in there.)
Namibia diamond fracas.
Jewelers criticize Alaskan gold mine.
Nicky Oppenheimer on South African blackouts.
Brilliant Earth sends out a press release suggesting the only way to buy a conflict-free diamonds is from — surprise! — Brilliant Earth.
British survey: 75% would be “unhappy” receiving a conflict diamond. And the other 25% would jump for joy?
– Public radio’s Marketplace: Not all women like diamonds.
– Smartmoney on how to save on engagement rings.
– Metro columnist wants to eliminate engagement rings. Good luck with that.
From the blog:
Have a good (President’s Day) weekend …