Will be at the Plumb Club forum this weekend … Hope to see some of you there …
Now the news …
Zale to close 105 stores.
Friedman’s can auction assets.
– “Tale from Friedman’s trenches.”
LVMH buying Tiffany?
– Is Tiffany not upscale enough?
Chaim on “certifigate.”
Retail sales decline may slow.
Diamonds at the Oscars.
– Why these efforts are important.
– WWD: Leviev repossesses jewelry “during dinner.”
DDC retains term limits.
De Beers opens Hong Kong store.
Gitanjali USA gets new chairman.
Steinmetz factory opens in Botswana.
Diamonds spotlighted at war crime trial.
– Diamonds “too close” to African problems?
– Leona Lewis “stays away from diamonds because she cannot be sure of their provenance.”
Roger Clemens/jeweler “bashing” lawsuit.
Zimbabwe diamond production down 40%. Hell, meet handbasket.
New York diamond district stabbing. As Hedda notes: next time, call JBT!
– The Independent on “conflict diamonds.” Or: What happens when people get information from movies.
– I see a lot of anti-industry talk on the web; most of it is pretty one-sided. However, on this thread, after someone calls my comments “a load of crap,” someone named “Robo” (not me) does very well debating the cartel/blood diamond issues. Oh, Robo, whoever you may be, I salute you.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend …