This blog is now one year old! Will have more to say on this (and perhaps some good news) next week …
Stuller lays off 45.
Lord and Taylor purchase of Fortunoff approved. (sub reqd, email me for copy)
Hong Kong show report.
– Alrosa holds polished auction.
Consumer confidence hits low.
The Plumb Club Forum:
Gassman: Dissecting Birks and Mayors results.
Tiffany and the luxury slowdown.
South African attacks beneficiation “thwarters.”
Toronto gemologist faces smuggling charges.
– Viktor Bout arrested.
KP team exonerates Zimbabwe.
Report from Toronto diamond conference.
Deaths in Congo mining evictions.
More diamond tales from Taylor trial.
Blue Nile CEO gets raise.
Jacob the Jeweler presents in Dubai.
Leviev: “Competitiors” cause store demonstrations (near end.)
– Chain’s marketing director resigns.
– Diamantaires on Forbes billionaire list: Oppenheimer, Leviev, Steinmetz, Graff.
– The NY Sun on Tiffany’s stock.
– This Time article mentions “blood diamond” issues.
– Martha Stewart mag features “eco-jewelry.”
– Canada’s “The Hour”: Engagement rings “tool of the devil.” (Warning: Frank language.)
– Wall Street Journal reporter tries to sell jewelry.
From the Blog:
Viktor Bout: Was He a Diamond Smuggler?
Have a great weekend (and see some of you at the JA Show)…