There was some decent retail news this week, although I am not sure if the jewelry business has woken up yet …Still, good to hear …
And now the news:
US retail sales jump.
- Will tax rebates help? (Mine hasn’t come yet.)
– Some female shoppers “recession proof.”
Jewelry Television sued again.
Jeff Pfeffer leaves HSBC.
Chaim says South African plan harmful.
– Canadian criticizes African “beneficiation.”
De Beers Marketing becomes Forevermark.
Shirley Bridge dies.
Diamond futures market? “Not now.”
– Asian salespeople targeted in California.
– Superbowl rings stolen.
Diamonds reveal geographic clues.
Diamond dealers arrested in Zimbabwe..
Onassis diamonds fetch $14 million.
Gareth Penny addresses Council of Foreign Relations. By the way, De Beers, I like the web site redesign
– Telegraph on Rapaport’s diamond futures.
– Herald Tribune: Super-rich still buying jewelry on Bond Street.
– Business Week (video) on buying diamonds online. Some interesting material in there.
- Blackvoices on engagement rings.
– Consumerist: De Beers still in running for “worst company” honors. (But at press time was losing to Exxon.)
– Gawker compares Russell Simmons jewelry to Jacob the Jeweler’s.
From the Blog:
Enjoy your weekend …