Before we get to everything else, regarding Whitehall … obviously we have been getting a lot of comments from people anxious to know what’s going on with last night’s auction. (EDITED AT 4:30) For an update … see here …
And here’s the rest of the news …
Mervyns goes Chapter 11.
– Chain faces “tough reorg.”
– Gets DIP, to close 15 stores.
Is Bocov’s next?
– Chairman denies bankruptcy reports.
Supplier of Choice architect now at Element Six.
– Charles Wyndham is skeptical. Interesting stuff in there.
– Synthetic diamond inventor dies.
Forevermark labs open.
Appeals filed in De Beers class action.
Colibri gets recapitalized.
Bombs found in Surat.
– Factories back to business.
– Buyers “reluctant to visit.”
Chaim: Anti-money laundering rules harmonized.
High hopes for IIJS.
– Tiffany downgraded by BoA.
– Harry Winston valuation cut.
– Target called “roadkill.”
African Diamonds files case against De Beers.
– Case deferred.
– Company’s stock rises.
Leviev campaign called “political.”
Jacob the Jeweler sues Wycleaf Jean.
Diamonds may have started life on Earth. Yet another thing they can be blamed for!
The New York Times on Cartier’s Myspace page.
From the Blog:
Judge Rules Whitehall Can’t Sell Consigned Goods
Have a good weekend …