And here’s your weekly news …
De Beers adds co-op money to holiday pool.
DTC: Prices have risen 16%.
Welcome, Michael Hill!
– Australian company announces Whitehall store purchase.
– Company’s sales, profits up. (!!)
Fortgangs contest freezing of assests.
Moissanite maker gets delisting warning.
– Good article on company’s options.
– Can moissanite regain its mojo?
The Big Picture/Jewelry:
– Industry “not doing too badly.”
– Or maybe it is.
– What Whitehall’s liquidation means.
– The impact of gold prices.
– What’s Russia up to?
The Big Picture/Retail:
– One store closing every hour!
– Forbes: “Luxury loses luster.”
Signet moves listing to NY.
– Reuters’ take.
Tiffany declares dividend.
Earnings call transcripts:
– Blue Nile.
Sightholders moving to Botswana?
– Chaim: No “South African solution.”
Russia establishing sight system.
Mark Boston’s report from India show.
– Gives lowdown on DTC India meetings.
IJO founder dies.
– Tavnir Choksi dies.
Sierra Leone wants to ban “Blood Diamond.”
Weiland takes role at Paragon Lake.
Welcome, Fifty Cent?
– Rapper may start jewelry line.
– Could JCK, National Jeweler share owner?
My best to Bacilio …
San Diego newspaper on a couple’s ring at Whitehall.
The Poughkeepsie Journal on how diamonds are bought (wholesale.) Nice piece.
From the Blog:
Have a good weekend …