Well, you can’t say we don’t live in exciting times. Here’s the news …
ABN Amro goes Dutch.
– D and J division speaks.
Chaim on industry liquidity.
Mall vacancies increase.
Will diamond prices soften?
Peace Mark assets sold.
Mineweb: South African industry “in crisis.”
Bharat diamond bourse opens. Forget Wall Street. That’s the most surprising news of the week.
Against the herd: Kohls opens 46 stores.
– Midwest department store chain expands.
De Beers retail “showed strong growth.”
Forever 21 may buy 150 Mervyn’s.
JSA: Travelling salesmen attacks increase.
Tax charges for Gambian diamond dealer.
Indian trader dies in accident.
RBI (JCK) sale caught in credit crunch.
– Nielsen (National Jeweler) weighs editorial consolidation.
Beyonce: Engagement rings are “silly.” (Third item.)
– But Sierra Leone claims the stone she did get. I think this is kind of fascinating, since when I went to Sierra Leone two years ago it seemed a lot of people there had no idea what diamonds were used for. It shows the diamond world is becoming more inter-connected. Which isn’t silly at all.
– Times of India: Trade “gloom.”
– Economic Times: Indian traders look inward.
– Computerworld on De Beers’ technology.
– SFGate hails Botswana.
Have a great weekend …