Sept. retail sales sluggish.
– Retailers cut holiday hiring.
Mervyn’s to liquidate.
How’s Diamond Prices?
– Reuters: They’re falling.
– Gem Diamonds agrees.
– De Beers: They’re “sound.”
De Beers touts diamond “value”
– Bloomberg interviews Varda Shine.
WFDB: Producers, cut back.
– De Beers may have listened.
Soverign bank acquired.
Chow Tai Fook buys Peacemark.
We need more jewelry ads! I totally agree.
Luxury marketers must “strike balance.”
– Tiffany’s share, S & P ratings rise.
– Analyst trims forecast.
Derco exits Chapter 11.
Idex on the downturn:
– Beware “the ripple effect.”
- The “world’s not over.”
– There’s always Dubai.
De Beers gets ownership of Russian mine.
Head of De Beers India marketing quits.
Panaholo diamond sells.
– Why auctiond thrive in bad economy.
– Stone has a Forevermark.
Survival and the Bushmen are back!
Media Watch (International edition):
– UAE newspaper at the Dubai show.
– Indian newspaper on Surat’s woes.
– South African newspaper on the industry’s woes.
– India’s Economic Times on cutters trading up.
– India’s Statesmen on strong consumer demand.
– Botswana newspaper on De Beers – African Diamonds feud.
- The Economist on Russell Simmons (mentions blood diamonds/De Beers.)
Have a great weekend …