Here is the news:
Andin joins Richline.
THIS JUST IN: Finlay: “Doubts about ability to continue.”
International Diamond and Gold closes.
Doris Panos files for Chapter 11.
“Net store loss” for retailers.
Consumer sentiment improving.
Lawsuit over Zell Brothers.
Rest in Peace:
– Richard Hambro, I Hennig chairman.
De Beers production down 90%.
– De Beers clarifies.
– Interview with Gareth Penny.
Improving diamond industry: “Political gimmick?”
– Two more suicides in India.
Martin Rapaport on the “W effect.”
Chaim on the AP Diamonds case.
Blue tender “sets records.”
– Big blue on display.
Seeking Alpha: Harry Winston “poised to pop.”
De Beers (retail) appoints new marketing exec.
– LVMH: Watch, jewelry sales slump 41%.’
Recession “hits super-rich.”
– Do they still feel rich?
Jewelers Facing Foreclosure:
Not enough applications for small business loans.
Tiffany buys handbag manufacturer.
Jacmel employee allegedly “stole millions.”
Former Friedman CEO gets 12 years.
Update on that fired Zale employee case.
Turkish PM to attend CIBJO opening.
Angola’s diamond sector “recovering.”
– Bloomberg on dropping diamond prices.
– The Wall Street Journal disses the engagement ring tradition.
– Local New Jersey paper interviews diamond cutter.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin
– Email for tips, comments, hate and/or love mail: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.