And now the news …
JCK Show: My thoughts.
– Interest on consignment?
ABC News: Engagement ring buyers trade down.
Sterling’s “encouraging” first quarter. Conference call said there was “no improvement” in the higher-end (Jared.)
– Discrimination suit proceeds.
Diamond Industry Back in Gear?
– De Beers “ramps up” mining. (Reuters.)
– Russians ready to sell.
– WFDB seeing “some recovery.”
– Rio hopes “destocking” over.
– Australian miner: Prices going up.
– Idex: Even polished’s increasing!
SA Diamond Regulator dies in accident. Very sad to hear.
– WFDB mourns.
– Family shaken.
Blood keeps “flowing” in Zimbabwe diamond areas.
– Four soldiers killed.
Botswana diamond industry gets $1.5 million loan.
– Diamonex mine to restart mining.
New diamond mine in Australia?
Kinross Gold: Why it’s entering diamond market.
De Beers exits Archangel.
De Beers holds Antwerp “town hall.”.
– Mark Boston: Meeting shows “respect.”
Diamonds could help poverty in South Africa.
Tiffany’s windows dis coral.
Blue Nile founder sells shares.
Brooklyn jewelers nabbed in sales tax investigation.
Brad Pitt buys diamonds for daughter.
Spurned guy gives diamond away via Twitter.
– CNBC post on De Beers’ increased production.
–Daily News columnist mentions “blood diamonds.”
From the Blogs:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin
– Email for tips, comments, hate and/or love mail: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.