For those of you following the Finlay saga, check out the first link … It seems like it could be the last straw, but this is a company that’s perservered way beyond expectations. Anyway, hope everyone has a great Fourth of July weekend …
Finlay officially misses June bond interest payment.
Bankruptcy of the Week: Speidel files for receivership, now up for sale.
JC Penney gets new fine jewelry head.
Shake-up at Helzberg’s.
GIA: Lab business up.
– Gassman: Jewelry demand decline has “slowed.”
– Post-recession, will people’s spending patterns change?
Sierra Leone: US jewelers stole gems.
Kimberley Process Zimbabwe mission foiled?
– Inspection “wraps up.”
Antonio Bianco dies.
Chuck Lein joins moissanite board; company settles lawsuit.
A Jaffe appoints new VPs.
Blue Nile severs web affiliate programs, to avoid playing sales tax.
Bidz updates stock repurchase program.
New patent issued for synthetic diamond process.
Friedmans, Crescent distribute creditor cash.
Venezuela to develop gold, diamond mining.
The Jonas Brothers engagement ring.
Have a great weekend ….
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin
– Email for tips, comments, hate and/or love mail: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.