Got some great comments last week on my “Rethinking Luxury” post … Check ‘em out ..
So How’s the Economy?
– The recession is over!
– Not yet, but soon.
– Immaculate recovery unlikely.
Retail sales “best rise in five months.”
– But they “still stink.”
Jeweler sued in appraisal dispute. Interesting.
Reports from Stuller conference:
– Will “glass and brass” and RFID make jewelry shopping more fun?
– Cheryl K on Stuller’s new custom design device.
Jewelry chains rated on bankruptcy risk.
– Kenny G hails Peircing Pagoda.
– GLG: Still “bad acquisition.”
– GLG: Tiffany outlook “uncertain.”
Citibank analyst boosts Blue Nile stock.
– Bidz updates stock repurchase program.
“International Diamond Board” formed.
– Budget: $70 to $100 million a year?
– Chaim: It could be powerful.
Vybornov, Alrosa chief, resigns.
– Dispute with budget watchdog.
– The man speaks.
South African Club warns of fraudulent certificates.
Rio Tinto diamond production down 72%.
DDA Botswana in “brewing storm.” (at end of article.)
De Beers renegotiating loans.
– Agrees to wage hike with union.
Xstrata to up Anglo offer.
SA govt. reviewing “Diamond Trader.”
Penny Preville sold.
Gitanjali acquires majority of Diamlink.
– Stock surges.
Zimbabwe relaunching diamond area crackdown?
Charles Taylor: “I’m innocent.”
Russia wants synthetic diamond factory.
Kim Kardashian promotes Botswana diamonds.
– Now fan of the industry.
JCK wins two Tabbie awards. Conrats Jen and Carrie!
The newest statement piece: A chain saying, “Oops.” It makes some kind of statement. Not sure what.
– Phoenix couple has dispute with Zale.
– FT: Mining industry “diamond in rough.”
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin
– Email for tips, comments, hate and/or love mail: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.