WSJ: Is luxury spending dead?
No growth in US same store sales …
– Retail sales down 1.5% in Sept.
NYT: Luxury market shifts towards Asia.
Harrod’s selling gold bars.
Macy’s drops Everlon discounts (for now.)
Lazare Kaplan submits NYSE compliance plan.
– Lazare’s trading halt “can’t be good.”
Damas (Dubai retailer) CEO resigns for unauthorized transactions.
– Company hires auditor.
– Talking with financial authorities.
Surat shuts down for Diwali.
Times of India: Diamonds “replacing gold.”
Zimbabwe consults with neighbors about Kimberley compliance.
– Relations with Zimbabwe miner called “unwise.”
Xstrata drops Anglo-American bid.
Diamond aggragation moves to Botswana.
– De Beers “at loggerheads” with Botswana union.
– Louis Nchindo loses court battle.
Sudbury wants to be Canada’s “diamond capital.”
“Fresh hopes” of Leviev deal.
Henry Dunay case update.
Alissa Goren joins Rapaport. Congrats to her.
Consensus Advisors opens New York office.
Another resignation at Finlay.
Museum of Natural History has diamond exhibit.
Diddy drops a diamond.
Penelope Cruz shows off hers.
– Forbes India on Gitjanjali.
– AFP: Poverty tarnishes sparkle of Botswana diamonds.
– Ivanka Trump in Huffington Post on choosing a diamond partner.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck