Jewelry sales increased 7.2 percent in October?
The recession may be over.
– Or not: Unemployment hits 10%.
Signet sales down 2.5%, U.S. same-store sales down 2.4%.
Blue Nile sales rise 2.4 percent.
Shareholder investigation launched against Zale.
Industry bankruptcy update (Henry Dunay, Beaudry, Shane, Finlay.)
– Finlay salaries detailed in SEC filing.
Everlon and Love’s Embrace: Great minds?
– De Beers to crack down on “infringement.”
60 Minutes to air piece on gold and Congo.
– Industry “must be prepared.”
– KP monitoring mission report on Zimbabwe. (PDF)
– Zimbabwe claims: We’ve met requirements.
– Did Zimbabwe threaten NGOs?
– Country blames Kimberley for problems.
– Wall Street Journal on Mozambique smuggling.
– Mine planned “on atrocity site.”
Surat facing rough shortage.
“Tough year” for Namibian diamond industry.
Alrosa claims it will quadruple profits.
Leviev “worth nothing”?
FTC delays “red flags” rule.
Obama praises Botswana. (Seemingly no mention of diamonds.)
Cavalieri meets Clinton.
Van Cleef and Arpels targets Japan.
Charles and Covard signs deal with Stuller.
Women loses diamond in Halloween bag.
Michael Jackson commemorative phone has gold and diamonds.
– Good Morning America on filled rubies.
From the Blog:
My story on computer customization programs.
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.