You know, I forgot about this a few weeks ago, but this blog is now a whopping three years old. So, thank you all for reading, and to all the commenters who add so much to the conversation.
And now the news …
Shane reorganization put off … again. As before, people involved in this case say this is not a sign of trouble – everything is just taking a while to come together.
Jewelry crime up in 2009.
“High hopes” at Baselworld.
“Henry Dunay” intellectual property sold.
De Beers executives make “Everlon” visits.
Botswana press speculates about non-De Beers sales.
– Editorial: We must “build on the past.”
Botswana media piles on:
– Report: De Beers records doctored by Nichindo.
– Government “didn’t understand” privitization.
– “How Nchindo lost the plot.”
– State reformulates charges against son.
Chaim on De Beers’ new policies.
De Beers to sell historic mine.
Alrosa declares itself 2009’s leading diamond miner.
Oppenheimer uses Anglo stake as security.
– Anglo statement.
IMF assisting African countries on diamond smuggling.
Interview with new KP Chairman. Says some interesting things.
Fight over a seven carat diamond in Sierra Leone? (fifth story down)
Zimbawbe parliament grills minister over diamonds.
– Blames UK mining firm.
– Zimbawbe independent on the players in Chiadzwa.
– Human Rights Watch editorial in Swiss Daily (coinciding with Basel.)
Investors Business Daily says al Qaeda, Hezbollah traded diamonds.
Goldman Sachs bets against Tiffany.
– Another analyst more upbeat.
HRD opens lab in Instanbul.
New warning on children’s charm bracelets.
Liddicoat scholarship award winners announced.
Chelsea Clinton’s engagement ring.
Diamond lost (and found) at SNL taping.
– Indian press: Diamond business picking up.
From the Blog:
Dunay Intellectual Property Sold.
Have a great weekend …
Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine