We seem to be having problems with blog comments, though apparently some are going through. My apologies and if you have comments that aren’t being posted, send them to me at rbates — at — jckonline.com, and I will try my best to post them (when I can.) Thanks!
And now the news ..
“Record” 2Q sales for Blue Nile.
– Wall Street still disappointed …
Cartier sues Hautelook. Link includes court documents.
– Forget IDB. The industry needs brands.
What’s behind the luxury mindset?
– School offers degree in “luxury management.”
KP releases annual production figures. (PDF)
– Edahn: What those figures hide.
Zimbabwe hiding “dirt” from KP monitor.
– Monitor (Chikane) will return next week.
– Mugawe declares Zim’s diamonds should benefit “whole country.” So …what’s stopping him?
– “Despair” in Chiadzwa.
– The Responsible Jewellery Council supports KP agreement.
– African Diamond Council slams KP.
Naomi Campbell testifies about “blood diamonds.”
– NY Times has video.
– Did she lie?
– Diamonds turned over to police.
French jewelry retailers to be bought.
Florida jeweler charged with dealing in stolen property.
Miami jeweler faces new bank fraud charges.
Greve store forced to liquidate.
Stornaway negotiates deal to open mine.
Diamond cutter relocates to Saskatchewan.
This is a very clever jewelry ad.
Robbins Brothers offers the “She’ll Say Yes” guarantee.
– .. and posts this nice engagement video.
Kim Kardashain unveils earring line.
The Bachelorette ring.
JA gets new board members.
Gemvara gets CFO.
Elizabeth Taylor wears diamond turban at wedding.
– … and Kayne West has diamond teeth.
– The BBC looks again at “blood diamonds” at Sierra Leone. (Warning: Graphic footage.)
– Huffington Post blogger wants to sell her “greener diamonds” — which seem to be combos of the diamond and non-diamond (CZ?)
– New York Times on men’s engagement rings.
From the Blog:
From JCK TV:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Send news, tips and comments to rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck