– Group sees 6% increase
in jewelry sales this Christmas.
– NRF revises holiday forecast upward.
– U.S. Commerce Dept.: November retail
– Los Angeles Times: Luxury
Major changes coming for De
Beers’ U.S. advertising.
– From 2005: “DPS Departures Cast Doubt On Its Future.”
Jewelry store robberies becoming more
common in LA.
New surveillance cameras on 47th
– Barrons on investment diamonds.
Blue book offers diamond
prices to consumers.
GIA: Treated diamonds get
Blue Nile “stunned” by mobile app success.
– Idex: A “paradigm shift.”
Botswana government “sticking
– Jwaneng life extended until
DTC sight estimated at $420
Omega beats Costco
in “grey market” case.
New “conflict mineral” rules proposed.
Indian rough consortium hurt
by Kimberley impasse.
– Surat polishers face
– Grace Mugabe sues
– Ernie Blom rebuts.
U.N. reaffirms support for the KP.
Avi Krawitz on the “next KP chair.”
“new diamond policy.”
Botswana government responds
Central African Republic diamond sector needs “urgent reform”:
– CAR minister says “conflict diamonds” don’t
De Beers joint venture turns
Oppenheimer family sells
Tribe just says no to diamond exploration.
Rockwell Diamonds CEO resigns.
IDCA elects new
Oprah’s audience gets
Rio Tinto necklace.
“Swallowed” engagment ring returned.
– … and diamond-covered Christmas tree.
York Post’s holiday shopping guide. Diamond district dissed.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news
updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck
– Skype: rob.bates3