This week … The Supreme Court decides it has better things to look at than the De Beers antitrust case … De Beers announced its final official sightholder list, which isn’t really that final or official … And, GIA hosts the Feds. … All below …
A Mine Could Be Yours
– Should Rio/BHP combine diamond assets—and go public?
– Analysts: Tempting—but unlikely.
– Private equity possible buyer?
– Edahn Golan: Change is inevitable.
Supreme Court declines to hear De Beers antitrust appeal.
De Beers announces newest sightholder list.
Hearts On Fire not holding university this year.
– HOF searching for “director of (co-owned) stores.”
How GIA is training law enforcement—and why they’re interested.
Forensic team auditing HRD lab.
J.C. Penney says new strategy may not work.
– Time asks: Do consumers want fair pricing?
Possible mall rebound?
– Goodbye big box retailers. Hello, small box?
Younger consumers care about social issues, WJA panel agrees.
KP chairwoman conducts webchat. (Video)
U.S. blocks Zimbabwe diamond deal.
– Dogs used against villagers in Zimbabwe?
The E.U. and the payment to the head of the KP’s Marange mission. ($$)
Avi Krawitz: Looking like a more stable year for diamonds.
– Polished prices decline in first quarter.
Koidu Holdings considering IPO.
Rio Tinto supplies first rough from India mine.
– Indian industry courts Russia. A distant dream?
Surat companies close Monday.
– Jewelers call off strike.
Namibian diamond factory shuts down.
Not all fancy gems sell at Sotheby’s.
Blue Nile stock downgraded.
– Tiffany targets, estimates rise.
Groupon sued over revised results.
Birks and Mayors CEO officially takes reins.
Phyllis Bergman elected JBT chair.
Israeli accused of theft wants to sue Zimbabwe cops.
William Goldberg family sponsors camp for young victims of terror.
Another diamond-studded iPhone.
Jennifer Lopez wears $2.1 million diamond on American Idol.
– CNBC talks up diamonds as an investment.
– Huffington Post on how engagement ring styles could determine your proposal. Or something.
– The Atlantic on the evolution of diamond engagement rings.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend, and a great holiday …
– Get blogs and news every day in JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– skype: rob.bates3