In the news … Diamond dealers express happiness about receiving free money … Are synthetic diamonds all a U.S. government conspiracy? … And the real election debate: Which candidate’s wife wears the best jewelry? … All below …
Dealers receive De Beers class action checks, express happiness.
Weinrich promoted to top role at JCK Events.
Ultra Stores, Filene’s battle over lost profits.
Judge dismisses Lazare Kaplan case vs. ADB.
Blue Nile introduces first designer line.
– My thoughts: What it says about our industry
– Edahn Golan: Beat Blue Nile on price.
– Avi Krawitz: More brands will help grow industry.
Signet Jewelers presentation at Goldman retail conference.
Tiffany will try again with watch brand.
JC Penney unveils in-store shops.
– Is Penney’s reinvention like Brian Wilson’s SMiLE?
Theo Fennell in takeover talks.
Harry Winston sales fall 20 percent.
Sudden spurt in demand in Surat.
– DTC price cuts help.
De Beers says no more reductions of rough prices.
Rumor of new CEO for Anglo-American.
Nicky Oppenheimer’s farewell letter (and spoof.)
Rio Tinto cuts jobs at Argyle mine.
Rio Indian mine to be among top 10 diamond producers.
Botswana wants to mine diamonds with Turkey.
Review of The Ambassador, new documentary about African diamond trade.
Zimbabwe plans diamond conference.
Zimbabwe newspaper: U.S. created synthetics to undermine government. Bizarre.
Explosion kills two in Alrosa mine.
Irish diamond company head charged with selling drugs.
Man sentenced for selling fake gold.
Leonard Luria dies.
Michelle Obama’s earrings.
– The jewelry taste of Ann Romney vs. Michelle Obama.
Georgia jeweler offers free rifle with diamond.
Thief swallows diamond in Sri Lanka.
– Must get surgery.
Woman keeps ring in stereo, loses it.
– Alaska newspaper on Canadia diamond “boom.”
– CNBC interview with Martin Rapaport. (Video)
– Huffington Post on divorcing the ring.
– Another Huffington Post piece on buying jewelry for yourself.
From the Blog:
The Diamond Five
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine