This week … The lab-grown market is growing … Russia’s secret diamond stash … And did Diavik see a UFO? … All below …
New company producing colorless synthetic diamonds.
Designer does not own Van Cleef creations, court rules.
More consumers buying luxuries this holiday.
J.C. Penney expects sales slump to continue.
– Analyst day gets mixed reviews.
– Is negative sentiment over?
The troubled rebirth of Bailey Banks & Biddle.
De Beers faces shortfall in supply.
Diamond demand slowing in China.
Michelle Graff: What’s the future of generic diamond promotion?
– Rio eyes “marriage gifting” market in India.
– Is it “driving up market valuations” for diamond business?
Rio Tinto sees prices stabilizing.
– Stable prices improve mood in India.
Surat diamantaires want more bank loans.
Rio Tinto seeks environmental license for Indian mine.
Russia may have tons of (industrial) diamonds.
– Alrosa official: “Can’t be used in jewelry.”
– Chaim Even-Zohar: Will “have no impact.” ($$)
– … except (maybe) in industrial market.
Botswana bourse building now complete.
Edahn Golan: Will U.S. government supervise polished imports?
Zimbabwe government-linked company gets prospecting license.
Zimbabwe mining industry gets 7.5 percent wage increase.
Liberia diamond mining licenses cancelled.
Sierra Leone diamond exports up.
Diamonds stolen from Namibian factory.
Indiana jeweler shot in home invasion.
Jeweler uses Facebook to stop shoplifter.
Counterfeit gold bars turn up on 47th Street.
Christie’s auctioning Archduke Joseph diamond, may set record.
Dora International appoints new president.
Kirsten Dunst’s giant diamond ring.
Jewelers weigh in on Blake Lively’s ring.
GIA wins education award.
Hearts On Fire wins marketing award.
Embee announces Magen David diamond cut.
Guy who swallowed fake diamond due in court.
Holiday Inn (Europe) putting diamonds under guests’ pillows.
A new diamond dress.
Did UFO shine on Diavik?
The BBC on Ivory Coast diamond diggers. (Video)
From the Blog:
The Diamond Five
– My article on how to appeal to Millennial jewelry buyers.
– My article on male engagement rings.
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.