This week… Black Friday comes…. Cyber Monday becomes a real thing…. And someone pays cash for Cash4Gold…. All below…
Jewelers report mixed Black Friday sales.
– Georgia jeweler gives out free diamonds.
– Black Friday a “hazy predictor” of retail season.
– Black Friday roundup: Should we trust the numbers?
Cyber Monday hits record.
– Cyber Monday jewelry, watch sales up 17%.
– Amazon looks at Facebook-like “brand pages.”
22% of affluent women want jewelry this holiday. I hope they get it.
Tiffany sales soar, profits sink.
– Numbers below Wall Street estimates.
– Company signs deal with Alrosa. Now sources 50% of diamonds as rough!
– Russian manufacturers complain Tiffany gets best rough.
The “incredible shrinking jewelry industry.”
Apollo may buy British jewelry chains.
Time Life owner buys Cash4Gold out of bankruptcy.
Bidz.com acquisition complete.
Gemvara CEO resigns.
Longtime executives leave David Yurman.
Richard Krementz Jr. dies.
JVC calls for changes in FTC Guides for gemstones, pearls, diamonds.
Should diamond grading reports include tint?
Chaim Even-Zohar on 10 years of De Beers Diamond Jewelers.
De Beers sees “firmer” prices in 4th quarter.
Why Rio Tinto might want to float its diamond assets.
– Avi Krawitz: Have Canada’s best years passed?
Surat diamond industry “upbeat.”
Mumbai default “rocks industry.”
Kimberley Process Plenary:
– Michelle Graff: Reform failure will hurt industry. I completely agree.
– Chaim Even-Zohar on the KP chair’s year. ($)
Report: KP withdrawing Zimbabwe monitor.
– Government newspaper crows.
Zimbabwe govt. considering giving civil society groups part of diamond proceeds.
– Civil society “angered.”
– Government newspaper attacks NGOs, KP definition change.
– Arab billionaires want to invest in Zimbabwe diamonds.
– Chikane defends Zimbabwe monitoring.
Diamond smugglers caught at Dubai airport.
Japan auctions confiscated 12 ct. diamond.
Rare 3 ct. red diamond highlights Christie’s auction.
9 ct. blue sells for $4.5 million.
Chow Tai Fook sales up, profit down.
Alrosa to increase production in 2013.
Shaquille O’Neal surprises shoppers at Zales.
Jeweler’s customers get refund after Iron Bowl shutout.
Bay Area jewelers like fair trade gold.
Picture of African diamond mining “ghost town.” Freaky.
Florida man finds 1.95 ct. brown stone at Crater of Diamonds.
– Glamour traces Elizabeth Taylor’s engagement rings.
– Huffington Post hails Botswana.
From the Blog:
The Diamond Five:
Have a great weekend ….
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.