On a personal note, this will be my last blog post of the year (and maybe ever, if those Mayans are correct). Wishing everyone who celebrates a Merry Christmas, and all my readers a happy, safe, and healthy New Year.
This week … It’s nearly over! The holiday enters the home stretch … De Beers plans to cut back production .. And we engage in that annual compulsion to list things … All below …
National Jeweler: Jewelers say stores are “crowded” and “insane.”
– InStore: Holiday sales “sink.”
– Centurion: Strong—but pockets of concern.
– Did fiscal cliff (and Sandy) hurt the season?
ABN Amro gets Arjav Diamonds safes sealed.
– Edahn Golan: “It’s all about transparency.”
Longtime JSA vice president retires.
Gemesis CEO leaves company.
– Company release.
Ruth Batson appointed CEO of AGS Labs.
Bulgari CEO now heading Louis Vuitton.
Helzberg CEO weighs in in favor of Zale in brilliance suit.
Macy’s denies selling mislabeled gold.
Year End List Mania!
– My favorite jewelry promotions of the year.
– 2012 report card: And all the rest …
– Ten things the (U.K.) industry learned in 2012.
– JCK’s favorite celebrity engagement rings.
– The best of the Red Carpet.
– November sight estimated at $490 million.
– Michelle Graff scopes out the Forevermark.
More Germans/Europeans buying diamonds.
Avi Krawitz on Alrosa.
– Russia, India seek greater diamond ties.
Investment firm acquires Swiss Watch International.
Is now the right time for a Neiman Marcus IPO?
Jewelry industry social media efforts graded.
Signet reaches a 52-week high.
Conflict diamonds seized in India.
Central African Republic rebels take diamond mining town.
“Violent clashes” at Sierra Leone diamond mine.
– Two dead.
U.N. report says Sierra Leoneans mining in Liberia.
Bank of Botswana changes diamond export reporting methodology.
Conman implicated in death of Australian diamond dealer.
Ghanian company gets license to mine in Zimbabwe.
Guyana diamond trade “being looked into.”
Alrosa signs deal with Rosy Blue.
Former senior vice president of Kay Jewelers dies.
Images of lost Russian jewels discovered.
Kelly Clarkson’s engagement ring.
Person returns ring found in sand.
– Customer returns extra diamond given by jeweler.
– Henri Barguirdjian talks to CNBC.
– Blue Nile gives All Things Digital a peak inside its jewelry factory.
– Public radio station on “ethical” gems.
– CNN guide to buying diamonds. (Video)
– Tonight Show spoofs Robbins Brothers commercial.
From the Blog
The Diamond Five
Again, best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year. See you in January.
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine