This week … Is J.C. Penney’s pricing now unfair and unsquare … A bunch of people don’t like engagement rings, including one guy who sells them … Jewelry from Instagram shots … All below …
Engagement ring, wedding band prices inch up slightly.
Yet another diamond investment vehicle.
– Diamond ETF outperforms S&P 500.
– Local TV station touts diamonds as an investment.
Merrill Lynch forecasts small diamond price increase this year.
– Premiums return to DTC goods.
Indian company develops online diamond pricing mechanism.
Gold price to “rise in 2013.” (Video)
– Rapaport analysis of the gold market.
Richemont, Chow Tai Fook forming joint company.
– Watch and jewelry sales slow.
Luxury watchmakers “scramble for parts.”
– Gawker asks why do [a word we don’t use] love watches.
Avi Krawitz on Italy and jewelry.
– Price-point jewelry from VicenzaOro.
Three companies after Rio Tinto’s Murowa mine.
J.C. Penney asking vendors for phony prices?
– Company denies.
– “The ultimate solution” for J.C. Penney?
– Retailer not doing well on social media.
– Main supporter Ackman still backs CEO.
– Penney holding Valentine’s Day sales event (but not calling it that).
The woes of Sears.
Shopko gets new president.
Former JA CEO Matt Runci’s exit interview.
Tiffany’s shares downgraded.
Signet stock hits 52-week high.
Surat Rough Diamond Sourcing Initiative “a disappointment.”
Lawsuit with Arjav Diamonds cost ABN Amro millions: Report.
Tally of rough diamond mine production.
No, 25 percent of diamonds aren’t blood diamonds. However …
New documentary on conflict diamonds?
Zimbabwe army accused of trading arms for diamonds.
– Government launches investigation of diamond money trail.
Zimbabwe’s Mpofu to speak at Dubai diamond conference.
Cameroon launching first industrial diamond mine.
– Michelle Obama’s Kimberley Macdonald earrings.
– Jill Biden in Kara Ross.
– Beyoncé’s earrings.
GIA reports on treated brown diamond.
Internet sales tax bill to be reintroduced.
AGTA names new marketing manager.
Diamonds stolen from Surat polisher.
Jana Kramer’s engagement ring.
Jewelry that makes you smell better …
Jewelry made from Instagram snaps.
– Credit.com/Yahoo on engagement ring financing.
– Ira Weissman at Huffington Post not buying diamonds for Valentine’s Day. (Though he is still selling them.)
– Los Angeles Times writer not interested in engagement rings.
– Pennsylvania newspaper interviews jewelers on picking out an engagement rings.
– Someone writes to Slate advice columnist Dear Prudunce that people are scoffing at her engagement ring. It’s hard to believe that 1) that’s a real problem, and 2) that it’s a common enough problem to be subject for an advice column.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …