This week … Should JVC stay or should it go? … Did a jeweler sell a “cracked” diamond? … And Kim Kardashian and the diamond-covered handgun … All below …
Brodkey’s Jewelers files for Chapter 11, will sell assets.
J.C. Penney contesting bond default notice.
– Report: Big layoffs coming at headquarters.
Alex and Ani buys Super Bowl ad.
The two record-setting million-dollar auction diamond sales—that didn’t happen.
Survey: Valentine’s Day jewelry spending will rise modestly.
Report predicts “end of gold era.”
Antwerp Diamond Bank may be sold this year.
ABN Amro settles suit with Arjav Diamonds.
Challenge to Winston purchase of Ekati dropped.
Lawsuit over retailer’s non-stop sales polices dismissed.
Credit card scam tied to Jersey jewelers.
Mary Forte joins CIRCA as acting CEO.
Scio names third CEO in three months.
Former Tiffany VP joins Gemvara.
Former owners of Jericho mine disappear.
Illinois jeweler Walter Volkmann dies.
Young jewelry designer commits suicide at 22.
JVC not leaving World Diamond Council.
EU may lift some Zimbabwe sanctions.
– Angolan company may invest in Zimbabwe mines.
– Indian diamond delegation travels to Zim.
“Intense fighting” near Zimbabwe diamond consession.
Edahn Golan on industry ethics.
Avi Krawitz on India’s gem and jewelry lobby.
Argyle cuts 250 contractor jobs.
Drop in diamond demand impacting Botswana.
Blockade of De Beers Canadian mine ends.
142 Angolans get artisanal diamond mining permits.
Houston debates new rules for jewelry buying.
Kim Kardashian faces backlash for Tweeting diamond-covered guns.
Woman prefer hugs to diamonds.
“Supercar” features diamond-encrusted LEDs.
– Care2 doesn’t like diamonds. The writer want to double-check that 66 percent claim.
– ThinkAfrica Press on diamonds and Marange.
– Local TV news station says Charlotte jeweler sold “cracked” diamond.
– Suburban Chicago newspaper interviews men shopping for engagement rings.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …