This week … Could J.C. Penney go Chapter 11? … Retailers get squeezed, searched, and showroomed … And a lot of people don’t like diamonds … All below …
Signet scores record sales, plans to open over 65 stores.
– Stock hits 52-week high.
– Earning call transcript.
– Case against Zale moved to mediation.
Swatch now owns Harry Winston.
Analyst: J.C. Penney might go bankrupt.
– Mall landlords nervous.
– Finally ditches everyday low prices.
– Hiking prices all over company.
– Marketing executive leaves.
Senate endorses online sales tax.
– Bill faces “resistance in House.”
– New York State court upholds online tax.
Retailers experimenting with “just looking” fees.
– Shop owner defends.
– My thoughts on this, and on showrooming.
Forbes on why brick-and-mortar matters.
Local search “is a mess.”
Edahn Golan: U.S. retailers are being squeezed.
Gray market threatens Indian retail scene.
Court reverses decision that “red gold” is generic.
Tory Burch sues Bluebell Accessories.
Seeking Alpha asks what jewelry stocks you should buy.
EU lifts some Zimbabwe sanctions, but not on mining company.
– Villagers to be relocated by mining.
The African National Congress says it’s not in diamond business.
Congo/China joint venture may go public.
75 ct. D-color pear-shape to be auctioned by Sotheby’s.
– Gina Lollobrigida jewelry also coming up.
Napoleon’s engagement ring fetches over $1 million.
Jim Grohn now EVP of Metalsmiths Sterling.
Saks appoints SVP of New York store.
Esty bumps “fine jewelry” from homepage.
Helzberg proposal app wins award.
Should people wear boyfriend jewelry?
Man creates copies of famous diamonds.
– Indian newspaper has De Beers primer.
– The Independent on De Beers moving its sorting and selling to Africa.
– The Financial Times on how to invest in diamonds.
– TV show Bones has diamond-related plot.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine