This week… Gulp! An 80-year-old woman swallows diamond.… Is there still gold in the California hills?… South African diamond executive shot.… All below…
White House signals support for online sales tax, Senate poised to pass.
– Excellent primer on the issue and current bill
– How things look: my thoughts.
IPad app allows consumers to purchase items from TV shows.
– New consumer websites for jewelry
AGS blogging: Happy days are kinda sorta here again.
Report: J.C. Penney working with turnaround firm.
– Moving ahead with new jewelry line.
– Soros reveals stake.
Another consumer claims Macy’s mislabels gold.
Gold makes a comeback.
– Hedge funds still like gold.
– Jeweler warns gold sellers: Come in now.
– Is there still gold in the California hills?
New moissanite may fool jewelers, Charles & Colvard warns.
– Company appoints Zale exec chief operating officer.
– Moissanite sales, profits soar.
Gemesis claims world’s largest white lab-created diamond.
– CIBJO expands list of acceptable terms for synthetics.
Banks sending inspectors to visit stocks of Winsome.
Diamonds now central to Anglo’s fortunes.
– Varda Shine still sees diamond demand outpacing supply.
– Avi Krawitz: Diamond production rising.
– Financial Times looks at De Beers brokers.
Blue diamond sets record.
National Jeweler: High-end watches doing well.
Hermès buys watch case maker.
Richemont profits rise.
PPR (Kering) acquires Italian jeweler Pomellato.
Redesigned Basel Fair opens.
UBM Asia debuts new European fair.
Edahn Golan looks beyond the BRIC countries.
South Carolina jewelry store robbery caught on video.
Dodgy weighing machines found at Indian jewelers.
Indian sightholders want De Beers to produce more.
– Companies happy about stable rupee.
South African diamond executive shot.
Guinea arrests Steinmetz executive. (Not diamond-related)
U.N. renews sactions on Ivory Coast diamonds.
Testimony about human rights issues in Angolan diamond sector.
Group calls for transparency in Zimbabwe diamond mining. Good luck!
Rio-Zim undecided on Murowa stake.
Alrosa exploring in Guinea, Botswana.
Woman steals man’s diamond ring after they spent the night together.
An 80-year-old woman mistakenly swallows diamond.
From the Blog:
– The Telegraph on Gem Diamonds.
Have a great weekend…
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine